Sunday, January 3, 2010

Reflecting and Rebuilding





I don't want to go through all the things that happened in 2009 for our family, but I do think I must reflect on what occurred in order to grow from it all . Overall I feel like was a year of "survival." Thank God we did survive and I believe we came out stronger and with a deep hunger and passion for more of God. His timing is like no other and I believe this past year proved that for us. As we look forward we want to stop and thank God for carrying us through it all. Kora was a divine blessing that brought us JOY in a time when we needed it most. Also, Steven changing jobs to become a teacher was another blessing because it brought him satisfaction and peace, along with more family time, which is the best gift of all. This verse sums up 2009 perfectly:

Isaiah 43:2-3 (NLT)
"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."








We walk in to 2010 breathing in the fresh air God has for us. We know his plans for us are good and we feel that he is calling us to a season of rebuilding. For each of us the word "rebuilding" means something different, but the end goal is to see God renew the places that are long devastated in our life. For me, I want to continue learning from God and set a good foundation for Kora and I don't think I can do that without leaving behind my past experiences and looking forward to God and ask him for guidance. I come to learn the few months I have been a mother that there are so many ways to raise your child but the best way is individually guided by God and looks different for every person, no matter how much someone claims to have the "FIX ALL" plan.

Spiritually, Steven and I are craving for more of God and what he has for us. We understand in order to see great things we have to become more of a vessel for God to use. We know that means change and change we are both ready to see happen. We desire God to do great things in each of us and look forward to what that looks like as time goes on. We aren't big "resolution" people but we have made a goal to seek and spend more time reaching this goal. I believe that this verse sums up what we would like to see happen this year.

Isaiah 61:4 (NLT)
" They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devasted; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devasted for years."

God we trust in you and your plans for our life, help guide us in reaching these goals that are desperate desires in our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you guys...the great parents you are, the love you have for each other, and your desire to follow God with all of your heart. It's gonna be a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! We've personally had seasons like this, where God sustained us and brought unimaginable joy to us in the midst of hard times... AND we've gone through seasons of rebuilding that are so full of comfort and renewed hope! This will be a great season for you guys... wish we could catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete